In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
What is the information that we collect?
The personal information that we collect from you includes your name, telephone number, email address, your IP address, mobile device identifier or other unique identifier, browser, computer type, access time, the web page you came from, the URL you go to next, the web page(s) that you access during your visit, your interaction with content or advertising on services provided in the Website or any information about you which you have provided to us and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us.
From which sources your personal information may be collected?
When you provide personal details to register as our customer in the Website, send emails or completed forms provided by us for us to process your requests, you are communicating with us electronically.
We may collect your personal information from the following sources including:
- When filing and completing forms provided to you via online or otherwise;
- When you register at the Website as a user/subscriber;
- By using the Website;
- By purchasing products and services from the Website;
- When you participate in contests organised by us;
- When you follow, like or be a fan our social media platforms/pages;
- Various entities and divisions under “CHAPTERS” which already stores your personal information;
- Our server logs when you log into the Websites, such as details of internet protocol address;
- From telephone log information when you call us, such as your telephone number;
- By communicating with us via email or interact with our customer service; and, or
- When you make any communications, engagements, interactions, with us, either on any social media platform or at any events and activities.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We use and process your personal information for the following purposes, including (“the Purpose”):
- Process your applications, registrations, subscriptions to our products and services or participation in our events or activities;
- Respond to your enquiries and requests for information;
- Getting in touch with you through email, WhatsApp, mail and inform you about our promotions, events, new products and services or for marketing purposes;
- Detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- Maintaining appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- Validate and process your applications relating to any services you have requested;
- Understand and analyse your needs and preferences;
- Develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- To share your personal information among our holding company, affiliates, subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions; and/or
- For us to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Where you are our customer or our clients:
- To perform our obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- To process your purchase or request for advertising space;
- To process your participation in any events and activities including focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys, any productions or events organised by us;
- Process, manage or verify your order, purchase or booking of our services and products;
- To validate your purchases and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- To understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- To develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs; and
- To process changes to our services and products.
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider:
- For the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- To facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by us in order to engage you;
- To process payments for charges and taxes of the products or services that you have provided to us; and
- To contact you or your company.
We may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by us, our partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst our subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities for the Purpose and to market their products, services, events or promotions;
- To share your name and contact number with our partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you, for the purpose of marketing and promotions;
- By way of postage, personal delivery, courier service, e-mail, call or message either through electronic devices or mobile applications, or any other platforms on the internet.
Can I unsubscribe and revoke my consent?
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your personal information by us, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
Your personal information may be transferred
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to our affiliates, subsidiaries, jointly controlled entities or suppliers which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where our servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information out of Malaysia as described herein.
With whom shall your personal information be shared?
Your personal information may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes. Further, we may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your personal information to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section include (without limitation):
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom we collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities to promote “CHAPTERS”;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your personal information may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. This Website can send its own cookie to your browser. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, if you reject cookies, you will not be able to sign in to the services or take full advantage of our services. Additionally, if you clear all cookies on your browser at any point after setting your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent, you will have to again reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Analytics and performance cookies
This cookie collects information about traffic to our services and how you use our services. The information does not identify you as an individual visitor of this Website. We use this information to help operate our services more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our services. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. For more information about Google Analytics cookies, visit:
It is essential to provide you with services available through our services to enable you to use its features. For example, it allows you to log in to secure areas of our services and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without this cookie, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided.
This cookie allows our services to remember choices you make when you use our services such as your login details, and the changes you make to our services which you can customise. The purpose of this cookie is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our services.
Social media cookies
It is used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our services or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The social network will record that you have done this.
Targeted and advertising cookies
These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third-party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third-party websites. These cookies also store your location, including your latitude, longitude, and GeoIP region ID, which helps us show you locale-specific news and allows our Services to operate more efficiently. You can disable cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see adverts but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to remove cookies by the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive cookies and tailored adverts from companies that are not listed.
Email Announcement and Newsletters
We use email to send announcements regarding new products, promotions and newsletters. By completing the form to subscribe “CHAPTERS” newsletter, you are opting to receiving these emails announcements and “CHAPTERS” newsletters. You may fill up the form, which is available on the Website. You can choose to unsubscribe from email or newsletter at any time by contacting us. Please go to “Contact Us” and write a message informing us that you would like to unsubscribe “CHAPTERS” newsletter. We will reply to you via email. All our communications to you are also provided through emails.
Who shall I contact to update my personal information? How do I limit the collection, use or distribution of my personal information?
If you have any questions regarding this policy, your personal information or wish to exercise your rights regarding personal information, please email [email protected].
If you have any questions regarding this policy, your personal information or wish to exercise your rights regarding personal information, please visit the Website and click on “Contact Us”. Please write to us your questions, in the message box provided therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your personal information, we have the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your personal information for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy. We reserve the right to impose a fee for access of your personal information in the amounts as permitted under law.
Do you collect personal information from minors?
Do I have to obtain consent from a third party when submitting their personal information to you?
Is my personal information safe and secured?
Security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, are in place in order to protect personal information that we collect from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. The said personal information will be stored and backed up securely in an environmentally-controlled location. Only authorised people with user ID and password from us, have access to the information. All our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your “CHAPTERS” account and profile information.